About our practice
Developmental Pediatrics of Greater Boston is a sub-specialist developmental-behavioral pediatrics practice. We are open to new patients, although, depending on our volume, there may be a wait of several months. Please note that we accept only patients age 10 years and younger.
Typical referrals may seek to answer questions about:
- Typical versus unusual development (parent and / or PCP concern)
- Is this an autism spectrum disorder? What else might it be?
- My child has a diagnosis – what else can we do to help? Is progress acceptable?
- Attention and hyperactivity
- Disruptive behaviors
- School concerns, such as peer relationships, behaviors, progress, meeting potential
- Anxiety and other aspects of emotional dysregulation
- There are too many things going on!! Comorbidities and diagnostic overshadowing
- Medication management for Complex ADHD
Dr. Naomi B. Gershon founded and leads our practice. Learn more about her.
How to refer your patients to Dr. Gershon
If you are on Epic from Mass General Brigham, then you can send us a referral within Epic by placing an order for “Ambulatory Referral to NWH Developmental Pediatrics”.
If you are not on Epic, then you can fax us at 781-449-0580 or send us a document using this secure link.
Patients should also start our intake process by completing this form.
Insurance we accept
We accept these insurers:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (see notes below for important exclusions)
- Tufts (see notes below for important exclusions)
For Tufts, we are not in-network with these plans: Tufts public plans.
For Harvard Pilgrim, we are not in-network with these plans: GIC Primary Choice HMO plans, Quality HMO plans.
For Harvard Pilgrim, we are in-network with these plans: GIC Independence Plan, Explorer POS, Access America
This list may change, so please check with us if you have questions.
Tufts and Harvard Pilgrim have recently merged to become Point32Health.
Allways recently renamed itself to Mass General Brigham Health Plan.
Our MassHealth panel is currently closed, so we cannot accept new patients whose primary insurance is MassHealth.